The Musings of an MA Mamma

Because the world is such an interesting place.

Never forget where you’re coming from……..

October22

My musing for today comes after an exhausting day running around soaking up the wisdom and wiseness of media professionals at University and wondering if I will ever attain their heady heights of knowledge!

Surfing social media (as I always do during the day) waiting for that breaking story to chase, I stumbled upon the reoccurring theme of Rene Zellwegger on twitter and this got me pondering about women in the media and the expectations upon us to adhere to exacting standards – except seemingly the goalposts keep changing.

RENE

When I saw what had apparently happened to her face, several thoughts crossed my mind and I confess my first was “What has she done?!” However, has she done anything except to do what we all do i.e age?

Do we notice this more because she is a celebrity, and the question does beg, should we notice more because of that?

As someone who realises the tick tock of age and the call of the multi-nationals and their advertisements promising lotions and potions ready to cure all your beauty “imperfections”, it is slowly dawning on me that as the years tick on to my 40th birthday, I am no longer in the sanctuary or safety of my smallholding where I can get away with growing older gracefully.

I am running with the big and beautiful media kids now, wondering how this thirty-something Mamma can reignite that inner mojo and tap into the “image” of success without selling out to the cure-alls which everyone knows actually aren’t.

I’m even questioning whether I should be trying to tap into this in the first place. Because in the end, we shouldn’t forget that it’s not what outside that counts, poor Rene. It’s what’s on the inside that counts.

by posted under News Muse | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

GALLERY